A healthy sweet yam will be a great alternative to traditional potatoes in this potato salad. The company will make him red onions, petiole celery and a lot of chopped fresh herbs. The salad is seasoned with mayonnaise with relish, lemon, mustard and honey and acquires a wonderful range of flavors, especially if you let it brew in the refrigerator. Instead of relish, chopped pickled gherkins can be used. A backyard picnic will get better with this potato salad.
Time: 40 min
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg. sweet potato, peeled and diced into 2.5 cm.
- 1/4 Art. chopped pickles or religion
- 2 tbsp. l mustard
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Half a small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 Art. white vinegar
- 0.5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh chives + optionally for serving
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley + extra for serving
- In a bowl, mix pickles or relish (see recipe), mustard, honey, celery, lemon zest, juice and red onion. Salt, pepper and let it brew while yam is cooked.
Note: Pikuli recipe, Relish recipe.
- Put the sweet potato in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover it 2.5 cm above. Salt plenty of water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce heat and simmer at low boil until yam is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Fold the sweet potato into a colander, put it back in the pan, add the vinegar and mix gently with a silicone spatula.
- Add mayonnaise, chives and parsley to a mixture of celery and onions and mix to distribute everything evenly. Add warm yam to the dressing and mix. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chives and parsley.