Texas-Mexican fajita inspired this recipe. Only in contrast to a traditional dish, meat and vegetables are served not on tortillas, but on top of rice. The base of this bowl is crumbly basmati rice, flavored with refreshing cilantro puree, which is added to the already boiled rice. Lay it in deep bowls, and on top decorate with grilled stripes of turkey, sweet peppers and onions, as well as slices of avocado, sour cream and salsa. The characteristic flavor and aroma of the whole dish is given by a special seasoning for fajitas, with which poultry meat is mixed before frying.
Calories 620, total fat 26 g. saturated fats 6 g. squirrels 46 g. carbohydrates 49 g. cellulose 6 g. cholesterol 122 mg., sodium 472 mg., sugar 5 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.7 kg turkey fillet (about 6 pcs.)
- 1 tbsp. basmati rice
- 2 sweet peppers (1 red, 1 yellow), sliced in thick stripes
- 1 large white onion, sliced in thick rings
- 3 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. l seasonings for fajitas
- Half lime juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream
- 0.5 tbsp. fresh salsa pico de gaio
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix rice, 1 and 2/3 tbsp. water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a minimum and mix. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is soft, about 18 minutes. Let stand under the lid for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put in a blender 1 strip of sweet pepper and 2 outer rings from 1 slice of onion; set aside. Lubricate the remaining strips of pepper and onion 2 tbsp. l olive oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Mix the turkey with the remaining 1 tbsp. l olive oil and seasoning for fajitas; salt and pepper.
- Grill the peppers and onions, turning over once, until the vegetables are soft and charred with stains, for about 10 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl, add lime juice. Salt, pepper and mix. Grill the turkey until cooked and toasted from the wire rack, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board, cut into strips.
- In a blender, grind delayed peppers and onions with 1/4 tbsp. water, cilantro and 1/4 tsp salt. Loosen the rice with a fork and stir in the cilantro puree. Arrange the rice in plates; put turkey, vegetables, avocado, sour cream and pico de gallo on top.