Prepare a tasty and healthy dish in the Middle Eastern style, the basis of which will be boiled quinoa with lentils. Fried onions and spicy chicken will fill it with a rich taste, and a mixture of garlic, zira and cinnamon will add magical oriental notes. Use leftover grilled chicken (preferably juicy dark meat). Serve quinoa with lentils and chicken in deep bowls, supplementing each serving with blanched green beans, a spoonful of low-fat natural yogurt and chopped almonds.
Calories 370, total fat 14 g. saturated fats 2,5 g. squirrels twenty g. carbohydrates 41 g. cellulose 8 g. cholesterol 25 mg., sodium 590 mg., sugar 6 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. quinoa
- 1 can (425 g.) Canned lentils, washed
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground zira
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. chopped grilled chicken, white meat and skin
- 2 tbsp. whole frozen green beans
- 2 tbsp. l toasted chopped almonds
- 1/4 Art. Greek yogurt with a fat content of 2%
- Put the quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water becomes clear. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan, add quinoa and cook until it becomes transparent and tender, and ponytails appear, 8-12 minutes. Drain the quinoa water thoroughly, return it to the pan and mix with lentils; cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet with non-stick coating over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and fry, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, zira, cinnamon, lemon zest, 3/4 tsp. salt and a little black pepper. Stir until flavor starts, about 1 minute.
- Add 0.5 tbsp. water and scrape off sticky pieces from the bottom. Add the chicken, bring to a boil and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated and the chicken is moistened, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the green beans in a microwave bowl and add 1 tbsp. l water. Cover and heat in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- In a pan with quinoa and lentils, add a mixture of chicken and onions, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. salt and mix to distribute everything evenly. Arrange in four bowls. Top with green beans, almonds and a spoonful of yogurt.