This potpai with thick chicken filling, covered with delicious layered buns, can be prepared in large form for several people, and in portioned ramekina. In addition to chicken breast, the filling contains a lot of vegetables – onions, carrots, celery, green beans and green peas. Everything is stewed with spices in a mixture of chicken broth and milk, thickened with flour, and it turns out great stew, tasty and low-calorie. And prepare layered buns for topping from whole grain flour on low-fat yogurt, so that the dish is as useful as possible. Chicken pot-pie is great for Sunday lunch with your family.
Calories 400, total fat 17 g. saturated fats 6 g. squirrels 31 g. carbohydrates 31 g. cellulose 5 g. cholesterol 82 mg., sodium 600 mg., sugar 0 g.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.7 kg skinless chicken and boneless sliced 1 cm slices.
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 220 gr green beans, cut and chopped into pieces 1 cm each.
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp. nonfat milk
- 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 1 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. green peas, frozen defrost
- 1.5 tbsp. l fresh thyme leaves
- 0.5 tbsp. whole grain flour
- 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp. l chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 0.5 tbsp. nonfat yogurt or kefir
- 2 tbsp. l rapeseed oil (canola)
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Sprinkle a large shallow dish or 6 individual ramekins with a cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1/4 tsp chicken. salt and black pepper. In a large skillet with a non-stick coating over medium heat, heat 2 tsp. oils. Add chicken to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the chicken along with the juices into a bowl.
- Add another 2 tsp. oil in the same pan and heat over moderate heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and fry until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add green beans, garlic and the remaining salt and black pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add milk. Stir the flour into the broth until it is completely dissolved, and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture boils. Reduce heat to moderate and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken along with the juices that have been released to the pan. Add green peas and thyme and mix. Salt and pepper to taste. Put everything in a prepared baking dish or arrange in portioned tins.
Mix whole grain flour, premium flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a food processor and beat several times to distribute everything evenly. Add the butter and beat in a pulsed mode for about 12 times, or until slices the size of pebbles form. Add yogurt to the food processor, then vegetable oil and beat in a pulsed mode to moisten the dough. Do not beat too long.
- Put 6 slides of dough on top of the chicken filling (or 1 slide on each separate form), slightly spreading the dough to the sides. Bake until the filling begins to bubble, and the cake is browned, about 20 minutes.
Great source: protein, fiber, vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium
Good source: thiamine, vitamin B12, folic acid, pantothenic acid, calcium, iodine, iron, magnesium, zinc