Grilled avocado halves in ginger marinade with miso paste are very tender, with a rich taste. For frying, a street grill with the remains of coal after a barbecue is suitable. The green halves covered with mouth-watering marks from the grill look very impressive when served, and to make them convenient to eat, first make cuts on each half. They can be served as a main vegetarian dish, a delicious side dish, or instead of traditional guacamole with basil and lemon slices.
Time: 20 minutes.
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 medium ripe but strong avocados
- 1 tbsp. l finely chopped shallots (half a small head)
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil + optional to grease the grill or pan
- 1 tbsp. l rice vinegar
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger (about 2.5 cm.)
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp Sahara
- 1/4 Art. freshly laid fresh basil leaves torn (for serving)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine shallots, vegetable oil, vinegar, ginger, miso paste, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl; set the marinade aside.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and make cuts in the form of a net on the pulp. Put the avocado halves with the slices up, on a baking sheet with sides and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Pour the marinade evenly into bowls of avocado (about 1 tbsp. L. In half an avocado) with a spoon, and let stand for 5 minutes until it is absorbed. Spread the marinade (with a pastry brush or the back of the spoon) throughout the avocado cut and gently push into the cuts.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grill grate or pan with vegetable oil.
- Fry the marinated avocado halves with the slices down for 2 minutes, slightly raise them with a spatula, then continue to fry until marks from the grill appear, and the marinade should be caramelized, for about 2 minutes. Turn the avocado over the peel, sprinkle with salt and black pepper and fry for another 1 minute. Transfer to serving plates and decorate each half of the avocado with basil leaves and a slice of lemon.