Penne-alla-vodka paste (penne in vodka sauce) has every chance of becoming your signature dish. Firstly, it is prepared from available ingredients that are often at hand: pasta, cream, canned tomatoes in their own juice, vodka and spices. Secondly, pasta is easy to prepare, and the taste is very rich and rich (do not worry about alcohol, it will evaporate all!). And thirdly, this is a great way with minimal effort to impress guests with a real Italian dish. In this tomato-cream sauce, vodka serves as an emulsifier, and it turns velvety. It is believed that alcohol also enhances the taste of tomatoes. Give it a try!
Calories 692, total fat 25 g. saturated fats 14 g. squirrels eighteen g. carbohydrates 81 g. cellulose eleven g. cholesterol 84 mg., sodium 761 mg., sugar 0 g.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 gr whole grain penne pasta (feathers)
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned whole plum-like tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. l unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tbsp. vodka
- 2/3 Art. fat cream
- 0.5 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan + additionally for serving
- A handful of fresh basil leaves, torn, + extra for serving
- In a large pan, bring salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and boil as recommended on the package. Pour 0.5 tbsp. water, drain the rest. Put the tomatoes in a bowl and grind with your hands.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and fry, stirring occasionally, until it softens a little, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add vodka, tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Return the pan to medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the alcohol has evaporated, about 7 minutes. Add fat cream and cook until the sauce thickens a little, about 3 minutes. Add the parmesan and basil.
- Put the pasta in the sauce and mix, adding a little water in which they were boiled if the sauce is too thick. Salt to taste. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and basil.