This healthy and nutritious Mexican-style breakfast will energize you all day. Boiled red quinoa is served with typical Mexican cuisine toppings: yogurt sauce, black beans, avocado slices, radishes, fresh cilantro and pumpkin seeds. Red quinoa keeps its shape better when cooked and looks more appetizing, and it is also rich in antioxidants and protein. To make breakfast in minutes, boil the quinoa the night before, and just microwave in the morning. Also use canned black beans and purchased salsa.
Calories 390, total fat thirteen g. saturated fats 2 g. squirrels 17 g. carbohydrates 56 g. cellulose 9 g. cholesterol 5 mg., sodium 690 mg., sugar 6 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1/3 Art. red quinoa, thoroughly washed
- 3 tbsp. l Greek yogurt with a fat content of 2%
- Half lime juice
- 2 tbsp. l coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves + leaves for serving
- 3 tbsp. l canned black bean washed
- 3 tbsp. l salsa
- 1/4 small avocado thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, chopped into thin strips
- 1 tbsp. l peeled pumpkin seeds
- Mix in a small saucepan 1 tbsp. water, quinoa and a pinch of salt and over moderate heat bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until quinoa is soft and all water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave it under the lid for at least 5 minutes (the dish can be served warm or at room temperature).
- Combine yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Put the boiled quinoa in a cereal bowl, and lay the yogurt mixture, beans, salsa, avocado, radish and pumpkin seeds in neat stacks or rows on top. Sprinkle with cilantro.