Gourmet Italian mushroom risotto can be cooked quickly and easily in the microwave. You don’t have to stand at the stove and stir for half an hour, and the dish will turn out to be the same creamy, aromatic and tasty as in the traditional way of cooking. The composition of this risotto is three types of mushrooms: ceps, champignons and shiitake. Together they give a fabulous aroma and taste. Start by soaking dried porcini mushrooms, and use the delicious broth in which they swell, to cook together with white wine and chicken broth. For the entire cooking time, you only have to mix the risotto once, and it will turn out perfect.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 and 1/4 Art. rice arborio
- 1/3 Art. dry white wine
- 0.5 tbsp. dried porcini mushrooms (approximately 15 gr.)
- 3.5 tbsp. lightly salted chicken broth + optionally as needed
- 1 large shallot, diced into small cubes (approximately 1/3 tbsp.)
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 110 gr. champignons without legs, cut into strips 0.5 cm thick.
- 110 gr. Shiitake mushrooms without legs, cut into strips 0.5 cm thick.
- 4 tbsp. l unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 fresh sprig of thyme
- 1/4 Art. grated parmesan + additionally for serving
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- In a microwave bowl, mix the dried porcini mushrooms with 1 tbsp. chicken stock. Heat in the microwave, without covering, at maximum power (100%) until the broth is hot, but it should not boil, 1.5 minutes in an 1100-watt oven or 2.5 minutes in a 700-watt oven. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove slices of porcini mushrooms from a liquid with a slotted spoon, squeezing out excess water. Coarsely chop the mushrooms. Set the chopped mushrooms and broth separately.
- Put shallots, garlic, champignons and shiitake, 2 tbsp. l butter and 1/4 tsp salt in the form of a size of 20x20x5 cm., suitable for microwave. Cover tightly with 2 pieces of plastic wrap; in the center, make a small slit with the tip of the knife to let off steam. Microwave at high power (100%) until all vegetables and mushrooms are tender, 5 minutes in an 1100-watt oven or 9 minutes in a 700-watt oven. When removing the film, try not to burn yourself with steam. If the mushrooms still seem a little raw, mix and reheat in the microwave, covered with foil, at intervals of 30 seconds.
- Add rice to the mushroom pan and mix to evenly distribute. Add white wine, 1.5 tbsp. the remaining chicken broth, deferred mushroom broth (leaving a residue at the bottom of the bowl) and chopped porcini mushrooms, thyme and 0.5 tsp. salt. Cover and place the microwave at maximum power (100%) for 8 minutes in a 1,100-watt oven or for 10 minutes in a 700-watt oven. Stir the risotto and add the remaining 1 tbsp. chicken stock.
- Cover and continue cooking in the microwave until rice is cooked, 9 minutes in the 1100-watt oven, or 15 minutes in the 700-watt oven. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. l mix the butter, parmesan and parsley thoroughly to make the risotto cream. At this point, the risotto should be thick, but pour out of a spoon; if it is too dry, pour some more broth. Let stand for 2 minutes under the lid so that the rice rests. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan.