The Korean dish Bibimbap is traditionally served as a bowl in a deep bowl with rice, garnished, meat, egg and vegetables, but this recipe suggests making it in the form of pizza in a pan. The basis of the “pizza” will be the same crispy fried rice, tightly laid over the entire surface of the cast-iron pan and top-up with the rest of the ingredients: Kochujan sauce, beef, shiitake mushrooms, kimchi, fried eggs. In this form, Bibimbap is conveniently cut into pieces and eat with your hands like pizza.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 tbsp. boiled long grain rice
- 110 gr. ground beef
- 110 gr. shiitake mushrooms without legs, thinly sliced
- 4 feathers of green onions (only the green part), thinly sliced obliquely
- 1/4 Art. kochujan sauce
- 1/4 Art. lightly salted soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. l dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 large carrots grated on a coarse grater
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped kimchi
- 1/4 Art. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Fried sesame seeds for serving
- Place the wire rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat the oven to 260 ° C.
- Pour green onion with ice water and refrigerate until ready to serve (onion will curl in ice water).
- Combine Kochujan paste, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl until smooth. In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. l this mixture with ground beef and evenly distribute.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 tbsp. l mixtures of kochujan with carrots, kimchi and shiitake to completely cover everything.
- Pour oil into a cast iron pan with a diameter of 25 cm. And rotate to cover its bottom. Add rice and squeeze to flatten and spread over the entire surface of the pan. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. l Kochkhujan mixture and evenly distribute it over the rice, departing from the edges about 1 cm. Evenly distribute the carrot mixture over the sauce and add 1 tbsp. l beef mixture.
- Heat the pan over high heat until the walls dry and you see oil sizzle around the rice for about 6 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the meat begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, beat the egg in the center and return the pan to the oven to bake the egg for another 5-6 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water from the green onion, dry it and sprinkle it on the pizza. Top with the remaining kochzhujan sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut the pizza into pieces and serve.