Recipe Author – Samantha Seneviratne – Culinary Writer
Donuts donuts from the oven have been very popular lately, and this is understandable. The opportunity to pamper yourself with a homemade donut without warming up a pan with a ton of oil is very attractive. But donuts from the oven are still different from the traditional ones, and rather relate to muffins. They are loved because the dough is easily kneaded, deposited in molds in a matter of minutes and quickly baked. They do not contain much fat, and they can be cooked little by little, just enough to eat for breakfast without residue. Garnish the donuts with quick chocolate icing, coconut and almond petals and enjoy. “I recommend timing the timer when frying something in the oven. Nuts contain a lot of fat, and if you forget about them, they will quickly burn up, ”comments the author of the recipe.
Time: 1 hour. 20 minutes.
Amount: 6 donuts
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tbsp. whole milk
- 0.5 tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 90 gr. unsalted butter, melted, + extra to grease the mold
- 1 and 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 0.5 tbsp. Toasted Sweet Coconut Chips *
- Special equipment: 6 donut shape
Glaze and Toppings
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/4 Art. natural cocoa powder
- 4 – 6 tsp whole milk
- 0.5 tbsp. toasted sweet coconut
- 0.5 tbsp. toasted chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Butter a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk, melted butter, almond extract, and egg. Mix the liquid mixture with the dry one. Do not whisk.
- Transfer the dough into a plastic bag on a ziplock, seal and cut the corner to make a hole of about 1 cm. Evenly put the dough into the recesses of the prepared mold.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean, 12-14 minutes. Put the mold on the wire rack to cool slightly, then carefully place the donuts on the wire rack so that they cool completely for about 45 minutes.
- Glaze and Toppings:
In a shallow bowl, mix powdered sugar with cocoa powder. Add 4 tsp. milk and whisk whisk uniform icing. Add some more milk if necessary.
- Dip the top of each chilled donut into the icing. Sprinkle the donuts with coconut and almonds.
Toasted Coconut Chips and Almonds.
Place coconut and chopped almonds on two separate baking sheets. Bake in an oven preheated to 175 ° C, stirring often, until golden brown, 8-12 minutes.