Recipe author – Anne Burrell (Anne Burrell) – chef, journalist, presenter, teacher at the culinary institute.
Oreganate clams are an easy-to-cook but very impressive appetizer of Italian-American cuisine. The mollusks are separated from the shells, then put back into the lower shells, covered with toppings from breadcrumbs and baked in the oven so that the topping is browned. In addition to breadcrumbs, it also includes garlic, red pepper for piquancy, a little chicken broth and olive oil to moisten the mixture and when baked topping it turned out crispy, as well as fragrant oregano, thanks to which the snack got its name.
Time: 40 min
Amount: 12 canapes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 12 small clams, wash with a brush
- 1 tbsp. simple breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 3 tbsp. l finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- A pinch of grated red pepper flakes
- 2 – 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 0.5 – 3/4 Art. chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
- Put the clams on a baking sheet and place them in a preheated oven for 2-3 minutes or until they just start to open. They need not be baked, but opened a little.
- Open the clams with an oil knife, remove the upper shell and discard it. Cut the clam completely from the bottom shell and place it back. So it will be easier for you to eat them.
- Preheat the oven in grill mode and set the wire rack to the upper level.
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, oregano, chopped red pepper and a little salt. Add olive oil and mix to evenly coat crackers. Add chicken stock to moisten the mixture. Taste and salt if necessary.
- Put a mixture of breadcrumbs on each clam. Press it firmly, especially at the edges to make the mollusks juicy.
- Put the clams on a baking sheet and add about 0.5 tbsp. water. It will also help maintain the juiciness of the mollusks. Place the pan in the oven under the heating element for 5-6 minutes or until the bread topping is browned and crispy.