Fried rice is one of the main components of Asian dishes. For its preparation, the remains of boiled rice are perfectly suitable, which are fried the next day along with other ingredients and popular Asian spices. To give this fried rice a wonderful sweet-spicy taste, add sweet chili sauce and hot Asian chili oil. Together with pieces of ham, shiitake mushrooms, juicy sweet peppers and tender omelettes, the dish turns out to be not only tasty, but also very satisfying, nutritious. Can be served as a side dish or as a snack.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. cooled boiled long-grain rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. diced ham
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 0.5 tbsp. finely chopped shiitake mushrooms (cut off the legs)
- 0.5 tbsp. diced red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. l asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 – 1.5 tsp asian chili oil
- 2 tbsp. l chopped green onions
- Heat a large non-stick pan or wok over high heat, and then stir in 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil. When the oil begins to smoke, add the egg and rotate the pan to cook a flat egg pancake. Fry so that it is half frozen, about 10 seconds; put the fried eggs on a plate.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the pan, then add the ham and shiitake and fry, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add bell peppers, sweet chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce and 1/4 tsp. salt and cook, stirring constantly, until the pepper becomes crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice, stirring to break all the lumps, and distribute it in a pan. Cook to fully warm, about 3 minutes. Return the egg to the pan and cook, stirring and breaking the egg to thoroughly intervene, for about 1 minute. If necessary, salt to taste. Add chili oil, sprinkle with green onions and serve.