Using a slow cooker, you can easily and quickly cook chicken with rice, while the rice will be appetizingly friable, and the chicken will be juicy. Fried vegetables – onions, bell peppers, garlic, cilantro (use hard stems and leave the leaves for serving), olives – and saffron fragrant seasoning will add more flavor to your dish. Only green peas are heated separately in the microwave and added to rice with chicken at the very end. So you will not digest it, and it will add more juiciness to the dish.
Calories 490, total fat 14 g. saturated fats 3 g. squirrels 40 g. carbohydrates fifty g. cellulose 3 g. cholesterol 160 mg., sodium 1051 mg., sugar 3 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.7 kg skinless bones of chicken thighs cut into 5 cm pieces.
- 1 tbsp. white long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Art. chopped fresh stalks of cilantro + 2 tbsp. l chopped leaves
- 1.5 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 Art. lightly salted chicken stock
- 16 olives stuffed with pimento peppers
- 1 sachet (1.5 tsp.) Saffron seasoning seasoning
- 3/4 Art. frozen green peas
- Set the multicooker to fry when it is very hot. Meanwhile, chop the onions, bell peppers, garlic and cilantro stalks in a food processor so that they are finely chopped. When the crock-pot warms up, add olive oil, then add chopped vegetables and salt. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are soft, 6-8 minutes.
- Add chicken, rice, chicken stock, olives, seasoning sazon, 3/4 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Turn off the slow cooker. Close and lock the cover, making sure the steam valve is closed. Set the pressure cooker to cook with strong heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the peas in a small microwave bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to warm the peas completely.
- At the end of the pressure cooker cycle, relieve pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then carefully open the valve to relieve residual pressure. Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid. Loosen the rice and gently stir in the green peas. Arrange the chicken and rice in plates. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.