This casserole is made incredibly simple, and despite the fact that its base is canned beans, the taste is very homemade. Canned beans are simply mixed with fried bacon and other ingredients, including molasses for a richer taste with a pleasant sweetness, interestingly complementing the smoked taste and aroma of bacon. The whole mass is baked in the oven, and can be served as a side dish. Baked beans are great for large companies, especially at a picnic.
Time: 1 hour. 20 minutes.
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, e.g. vidalia, finely chopped
- 4 cans of 400 gr. canned beans with pork
- 0.5 tbsp. dark molasses
- 1/4 Art. light brown sugar, poured tightly
- 2 tbsp. l finished yellow mustard
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until it becomes crispy. Put the bacon on paper towels, leaving the melted fat in a pan. Crumble the bacon and set it aside.
- Add the onion in the pan with melted fat and fry until it is soft, a couple of minutes. Add beans, molasses, brown sugar, mustard and crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Put the beans in a 3 liter casserole. and bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes.
Baked Bean Recipe.