Middle Eastern Cuisine |
June is a great time when seasonal fruits and vegetables appear in stores – the most delicious and healthy. Their taste and nutritional properties will be preserved better if they are prepared in tazhin. Middle Eastern cuisine specialist, blogger and culinary specialist Nadezhda Slavutskaya shares with PosudaMart her new exclusive recipe for easy summer tajine.
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hours
- Chicken drumstick – 1.5 kg
- Apples – 250 gr
- Orange – 1 pc.
- Carrots of a new crop – 300 gr.
- Shallot – 250 gr.
- Tomatoes in their own juice – 250 gr.
- Lemon Fresh Sauce – 50 ml
- Orange Fresh Sauce – 50 ml
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Young corn – 2 fresh ears of corn
- Olive oil for frying – 2 tbsp.
- Ghee butter — 1 tbsp
Spices and seasonings:
Fresh Chilean pepper – 1 pc.
Spices: zira, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper, allspice, turmeric, cloves, ginger, green cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, dry mint.
1. Lightly heat all dry spices in a dry hot pan and grind them in a mortar (or grind in a coffee grinder). Making a mixture of spices and spices, focus on your taste and individual tolerance of the ingredients.
2. Cut shallots and carrots into large slices and quickly fry in a dry hot pan to give them a brighter color (2-3 minutes).
3. Fry the chicken drumsticks in a well-heated pan in a mixture of butter and olive oil until golden brown.
4. Mix the tomatoes in your own juice, lemon juice, orange juice, honey, melted butter and olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture and salt the mixture to taste.
We collect tazhin:
1. Add 50 ml of water to the bottom of the tazhin, pour
2. Then we spread the chicken drumsticks, lay the apples and orange, alternating, sliced into slices, alternating the grains of young corn and the whole pod of chili, pre-cut from the cob, alternating on the edges.
3. Cover the tazhin with a lid and put the dish on the stove to simmer at a very low temperature for 2 hours, try and simmer if necessary for up to 3 hours.
1. Tazhin is specially designed in such a way as to keep the temperature well, therefore, after it has warmed up, you should adhere to the average temperature and, if possible, do not open the lid during cooking.
2. Due to the design of the lid, also, almost without exception, all dishes should be “rested” with the lid closed for about 10-15 minutes. During this time, your dish will have time to absorb the aromas and acquire a unique, unique taste.