Lovers of pasta with cheese will be delighted with this casserole in the form of large pasta shells stuffed with maki-n-cheese from small shells in cheese sauce. Stuffed shells are laid out in a form also with cheese sauce, sprinkled with chopped crackers and baked for several minutes to warm everything, and topping has become even more crispy, perfectly complementing pasta in a gentle cheese sauce. Use hot cheddar in the preparation, which, along with dry mustard and paprika, will add the creamy taste of piquant casseroles.
Time: 50 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. nonfat cream (10%)
- 170 gr diced American cheese (about 1 tbsp.)
- 110 gr. cream cheese sliced in small pieces
- 3 tbsp. freshly ground sharp cheddar (about 220 gr.)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 0.5 tsp sweet paprika
- 170 gr conciglioni pasta
- 1 tbsp. small pasta shells
- 0.5 tbsp. crushed cheese crackers
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil. Stir in American cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in hot cheddar, mustard, paprika, 1 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Pour over 0.5 tbsp. sauce in two medium-sized bowls. Pour the remaining sauce into a baking dish measuring 22×32 cm., Distributing it in an even layer.
- Boil large shell pasta in accordance with the recommendation on the packaging. Transfer the slotted spoon to one of the bowls with the sauce and mix to evenly cover them. Boil small shell pasta in the same pan with water as recommended on the package. Thoroughly drain the water, then transfer the pasta to another bowl with cheese sauce and mix to coat evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Put small shells in large sinks and carefully place them in a baking dish, directly in cheese sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cheese crackers. Bake until the shells have warmed up, the cheese will bubble up, and the crackers will begin to darken, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.