At home, you can easily prepare a delicious Neapolitan ice cream, dessert, a decent restaurant menu. Neapolitan ice cream is three layers of different types of ice cream: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. All of them are frozen with one solid rectangular piece, which is cut into thick slices before serving. To serve, prepare a quick but delicious sauce of fresh strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar. You can also experiment by combining other ice cream flavors and sauces.
Time: 4 hours 15 minutes.
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. strawberry ice cream
- 2 tbsp. chocolate ice cream
- 2 tbsp. vanilla ice cream
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, preferably gray
- Strawberry Balsamic Sauce, see recipe below for serving (optional)
Strawberry Balsamic Sauce
- 2 tbsp. strawberries, peeled and cut into 4 parts
- 1/4 Art. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Art. ultrafine sugar
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer for 15-20 minutes to make it slightly softer.
- Cover the 10×20 cm bread pan with two pieces of cling film, one laying lengthwise and the other across. Place the tray in the freezer until the ice cream softens.
- Put chocolate ice cream on the bottom of the mold and evenly distribute it with the back of the spoon; sprinkle with a little salt. Lay on top layers of strawberry and vanilla ice cream, sprinkling each with a small amount of salt. Cover with a hanging film and place the mold in the freezer for 3 hours or overnight. Place the plates in the freezer immediately, so that when serving the ice cream melts more slowly.
On a note
You can combine different types of ice cream, just do not forget to choose the sauce that suits your taste.
- Remove the plates and ice cream from the freezer. Unfold and place the ice cream on a cutting board. For a few seconds, dip the knife in hot water and cut the ice cream into 2 cm slices.
If the ice cream gets out of shape heavily, pour a stream of hot water over the mold.
- Put a slice on a plate, put on top 1/4 tbsp. strawberry balsamic sauce if you use it and serve immediately.
Strawberry Balsamic Sauce:
Put the strawberries in a bowl, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sugar. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Gently mix and marinate for 2-3 minutes.