Recipe author – Rachel Ray (Rachael Ray) – TV presenter, famous chef, business woman, culinary writer
This Italian dish is perfect for a great Sunday lunch with your family. Several types of meat – pork loin, spicy and sweet Italian sausages and juicy meatballs are served in a thick tomato sauce, and on a side dish of spaghetti in a Sunday sauce with a lot of parmesan. At such a feast, everyone can choose their own meat to taste. Everything takes less than an hour to cook, but it looks like you spent half a day at the stove.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr spaghetti
- 1/4 Art. extra-virgin olive oil, for meat and sauce
- 3 thin cutlets of pork loin (1 cm thick), cut in half
- 2 sweet and spicy Italian sausages
- 0.5 – 1 tsp grated red pepper flakes to taste
- 5 garlic cloves chopped, 3 for sauce and 2 for meatballs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. beef broth
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned grated tomatoes
- 1 can (400 gr.) Canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 Art. chopped parsley (a couple of handfuls of leaves)
- A few leaves of fresh basil (a handful)
- 450 gr a mixture of beef, pork and veal minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Art. grated parmesan (2 handfuls) + additionally for pasta and for serving
- 0.5 tbsp. Italian breadcrumbs (3 handfuls)
- 1 loaf of Italian bread with a crust (for serving)
- Bring pasta water to a boil. Salt and cook the pasta for 7-8 minutes, until al dente.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Heat a deep frying pan or pan with a thick bottom over moderate heat. Sprinkle pork cutlets with salt and black pepper. Cut the sausages in half. Add 1 tbsp. l (1 turn of the pan) olive oil. Put the cutlets in a pan or pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side. Lay out.
- Add 1 more tbsp. l olive oil (1 turn of the pan) and sausages. Fry sausages for 2 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate with pork. Add red pepper flakes, 3 cloves of chopped garlic and onions to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Add the broth and scrape off the sticky pieces from the bottom of the pan. Add tomatoes and herbs and bring the sauce to a boil. Return the meat to the pan and reduce the heat. Boil the sauce at low boil until ready to serve, 12-15 minutes.
- Mix the minced meat, the egg, the remaining 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/3 tbsp. cheese and breadcrumbs. Salt, pepper and form balls with a diameter of 2.5-5 cm from the mixture. Put the balls on a baking sheet with a non-stick coating. Bake meatballs for 10 minutes, then transfer to Sunday sauce and turn off the oven. Put the bread in the oven to dry a little.
- Place pork, sausages and meatballs on a serving platter to serve. Pour half the sauce into a serving dish to pour pasta and meat on it. Stir the spaghetti with the remaining sauce in the pan, adding a few handfuls of grated parmesan. Transfer the paste to a serving platter.