Tetrazzini is a delicious casserole of spaghetti coated with a viscous creamy cheese sauce with mushrooms, shrimp and crispy topping. The dish is prepared simply and quickly, but worthy of special occasions. In addition to mushrooms and Parmesan, dry white wine gives a wonderful taste to creamy sauce. When you mix the pasta with the sauce, put them in a baking dish, top with raw shrimps and Japanese panko breadcrumbs in butter. The casserole is baked for only 10 minutes, so that the sauce warms up, the prawns are consumed, and the topping is browned and crispy. When serving, sprinkle tetrazzini with fresh parsley.
Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr spaghetti
- 110 gr. unsalted butter
- 450 gr finely chopped champignon creminis
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, 2 chop and finely grate 2
- 1/4 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1/4 Art. premium flour
- 3 tbsp. fat cream
- Juice 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- 0.5 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 450 gr large shrimp, peeled from shells, tails and intestinal veins
- 1/4 Art. loose fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
- In a large saucepan, bring the salted water to a boil and boil the spaghetti in accordance with the recommendation on the package to an al dente state. Drain and set the pasta aside.
- In a large pot with a thick bottom or a cauldron over moderate heat, melt 2 tbsp. l butter. Add mushrooms, 0.5 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper and fry, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms soften and release the liquid, 5-6 minutes. Add shallots, 2 minced cloves of garlic and red pepper flakes and fry, stirring occasionally, until the shallots soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine and, stirring, bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has completely evaporated, 5-6 minutes. Stir in 2 tbsp. l sprinkle with butter and flour until it is well combined with vegetables.
- Pour in the cream gradually, then add lemon juice, 1 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Add spaghetti and cheese and mix to coat well with pasta sauce. Transfer to a 3-liter baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave in a small bowl, melt the remaining 4 tbsp. l butter, about 1 minute. Mix in a small bowl 2 tbsp. l melted butter, 0.5 tsp. salts and breadcrumbs; set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the remaining 2 tbsp. l melted butter with shrimp, grated garlic, 0.5 tsp. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Spread the shrimp evenly over the pasta and sprinkle with a mixture of breadcrumbs.
- Bake until the prawns turn pink and the topping golden. About 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with parsley.