Rigatoni pasta is baked under a thick layer of bechamel sauce and fountain cheese. Thanks to its tubular shape, it perfectly incorporates delicious sauce so that you can fully enjoy the casserole. The highlight of this dish is slices of prosciutto ham. Against the background of a gentle creamy sauce, their taste will be especially bright.
Time: 55 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr dry rigatoni paste
- 110 gr. unsalted butter (110 gr.)
- 0.5 tbsp. and 2 tbsp. l premium flour
- 1 liter whole milk, room temperature
- Pinch of Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Sea salt and white pepper
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese fountain
- 220 gr thin prosciutto slices, cut into strips
- 50 gr diced unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- In a 2 liter saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add flour and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. While stirring constantly, gradually add milk and continue to whisk until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy. Simmer until it is thick enough and covers the back of the spoon. It takes about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, 0.5 tbsp. fountains, prosciutto, salt and pepper with white pepper.
- In a large saucepan, bring to a boil 6 liters. salted water. Add rigatoni paste and cook for about 5 minutes. Since you will bake pasta in the oven, they should still be tight. Throw rigatoni in a colander by draining the water. Return the pasta to the pan and pour the bechamel sauce. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon until all the pasta is covered with the sauce.
- In a greased baking dish 22 x 32 cm in size. Put the pasta in a creamy sauce. Flatten and sprinkle with the remaining 0.5 tbsp. fountains. Sprinkle with butter cubes and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top is covered with a golden crust.