Quinoa is an excellent ingredient for gluten-free pizza. This recipe will be appreciated by everyone on a diet who wants to make their pizza healthier and, finally, those who are burdened with the idea of working with yeast dough. Cakes are made from white quinoa, which boils faster than other types, olive oil, and a small amount of salt and baking powder. You can bake the cake in advance, and immediately before serving cover it with pizza toppings and put it back in the oven for several minutes so that the cheese melts. Make pepperoni pizza, as in this recipe, or choose toppings to your taste.
Time: 25 minutes plus soaking time
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. white quinoa
- 1/4 Art. extra-virgin olive oil + extra to lubricate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 3 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned whole tomatoes, grind by hand
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp. grated hard mozzarella
- 0.5 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 60 gr thin slices of pepperoni
- 1/4 Art. large basil leaves
Put quinoa in a bowl and fill with water about 2 cm above. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and fry until it turns golden at the edges, for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, 0.5 tbsp. water and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until thick, about 10 minutes. Set aside while making the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C by placing a pizza stone or an inverted pan on the lower level. Drain the soaked quinoa and rinse the cereal thoroughly. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper with olive oil. Put quinoa in a food processor along with olive oil, baking powder, salt and 2/3 tbsp. water and beat to get a uniform, thick dough. Put the dough on the prepared pan and bake on a hot stone for pizza until completely solidified, 12-15 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto a baking sheet and remove the parchment. If the cake sticks, swipe the knife along the edge to loosen it. Bake until the top and edges are crispy, for about another 5 minutes.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza cake, spreading it almost to the brim. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan, top with sliced pepperoni. Tear the basil leaves and toss on top of the pizza. Bake pizza on the top level of the oven until the cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 15 minutes. Cut into square pieces and serve. You can make crispy rice pizza with Korean style meat and kimchi.