Potato casserole will become lighter, healthier and more juicy if you replace some of the potatoes in it with zucchini. Add the onion rings, spices and top with the creamy non-fat condensed milk mixture without sugar. The vegetables are then sprinkled with grated parmesan and baked until tender and a delicious cheese crust on top. It turns out a great side dish both for every day and for the festive table, on which such low-calorie, but at the same time delicious treats are just in time.
Time: 1 hour. 30 min.
The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of:
1 glass (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp. L.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 g skimmed condensed milk without sugar
- 1 tbsp. l. premium flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp spiced salt such as Spike
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. l. chopped green onions (green part only), for serving
Cooking a recipe:
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C and spray a 3L baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, flour, paprika, spiced salt, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, 3/4 teaspoon. coarse salt and 0.5 tsp. black pepper. Add potatoes, onions, and courgettes and stir to coat, making sure the vegetable slices are separated.
- Place the vegetable mixture in the prepared baking dish, spread evenly and smooth over with a silicone spatula. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake until casserole is browned on top and tender on the inside, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10 minutes to harden the casserole. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.