Recipe Author – Deb Perelman – blogger and food photographer
Impress your loved ones with delicious spaghetti carbonara in the form of a large cake with a golden crust, which is conveniently cut into slices. In addition to the usual ingredients, pasta and pieces of pancetta in egg-cream sauce, this cake contains leafy rapini broccoli, which fills it with healthy fiber and an even greater taste. For baking, you will need a detachable mold with a diameter of 22 cm. From it, it will be convenient for you to extract the finished pie without damaging it. Be sure to wrap the mold on the outside with foil so that the sauce does not leak when baking.
Time: 1 hour. 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. l butter
- 220 gr pancettas
- 1.5 tsp coarse salt + extra for pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli raab
- 2 large eggs
- 2 – 3 large yolks
- 1 and 1/4 Art. whole milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 220 gr (about 2 tbsp.) finely grated parmesan and / or pecorino-romano
- Special equipment: detachable mold with a diameter of 22 cm
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Lubricate butter with a detachable mold with a diameter of 22 cm. And tightly wrap the outside with foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Cut the pancetta into 1 cm cubes and sauté over medium heat until it is browned. Transfer the slotted spoon to paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, bring well-salted water to a boil to a boil. Boil the rapini for 1-2 minutes in salted water until it fades. Catch the leaves with a large slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
- Then add spaghetti to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes less than indicated on the al dente packaging. While the pasta is boiling, use a towel to squeeze out any excess water from the rapini. Separate 1 tbsp. leaves and finely chop them. Set aside the residue for other use. Drain the pasta thoroughly and let it cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, yolks, milk, salt, black pepper and almost all of the cheese, laying separately 0.5 tbsp. Add spaghetti, chopped rapini and pancetta and mix. Put the mixture in the prepared split mold. Sprinkle with 0.5 tbsp. grated cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes to freeze the cake and brown on top. To check readiness, tilt the mold and make sure that cream does not leak from it. Otherwise, continue to bake for another 5 minutes. If the top of the pie darkens too quickly, cover it with foil and continue to bake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool on the wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove the foil and ring from the mold and place the cake on a serving plate. Serve by chopping into pieces.