Penne pasta casserole (feathers) is ideal for brunch, Sunday lunch, or family dinner. Macaroni is literally buried in tomato sauce under a layer of viscous melted cheese. Homemade tomato sauce is used in the preparation so that you know exactly what you are putting in your dish and are confident in its benefits. In a casserole, the sauce is mixed with pieces of mozzarella and it becomes even tastier paired with a filling of cottage cheese and spinach. Cottage cheese with a fat content of 1% here perfectly replaces the richer ricotta so that your casserole turns out to be low-calorie, while its texture will not suffer at all and will be just as delicious.
Calories 315, total fat 9 g. saturated fats 4 g. squirrels 23 g. carbohydrates 41 g. cellulose 7.5 g. cholesterol eighteen mg., sodium 674 mg., sugar 4 g.
Time: 1 hour. 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack (340 g) penne pasta with fiber and calcium
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- 0.5 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned grated tomatoes without salt
- 1 fresh sprig of basil + 0.5 tbsp. torn leaves to feed
- 220 gr semi-skimmed mozzarella (half grate, half cut into cubes)
- 1 pack (450 gr.) Cottage cheese with a fat content of 1%
- 1/4 Art. grated parmesan
- 280 gr frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Sprinkle a rectangular or oval baking dish with a volume of 2-2.5 liters into the cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add the penne paste and cook as recommended on the packaging until al dente.
- While the pasta is boiling, heat the olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and garlic and fry until fragrance, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, a sprig of basil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook with a slight boil, if necessary, reduce the heat until the sauce thickens a little, and the aromas mix, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, remove a sprig of basil. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour the boiled pasta over the sauce and mix well to completely cover it. Add the diced mozzarella and transfer half the pasta to the prepared baking dish.
- Put the cottage cheese in the bowl of the food processor and beat until smooth. Add grated mozzarella and parmesan and beat in a pulsed mode 2-3 times. Mix half the curd mixture with spinach. Put a spoon on pasta in a baking dish. On top of the curd layer, lay out the remaining pata, and then – the remaining curd mixture.
- Bake until the surface begins to boil and brown, about 30 minutes. Let the casserole rest for 10 minutes and sprinkle with torn basil.