Mediterranean cuisine |
We bring to the attention of our customers an original Italian recipe for meat balls stuffed with soft mozzarella. The meat balls stewed in tomato go well with pasta, potato gratin or stewed vegetables.
- minced meat
pork and beef– 500 g;
- minced turkey fillet – 500 g;
- mozzarella – 250-300 gr.;
- meat broth – 1 glass;
- chicken egg – 2 pcs.;
- breadcrumbs – ½ cup;
- green onions, young – a bunch;
- tomato paste – 500 ml;
- olive oil 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- sugar – 2 tbsp. l .;
- ground hot red pepper – ¼ tsp;
- Bay leaf;
- black pepper;
- allspice peas;
- ground black pepper
To prepare the dish you will need: pan, stewpan, bowls for ingredients, a silicone spatula, serving plates.
Cut the cheese into small cubes (1.5–2.5 cm). Wash onions, dry, finely chop. Cook the tomato sauce. To do this, pour the meat broth into a stewpan, heat it, add tomato paste, sugar, red pepper, salt. We recommend that you pay attention to the stainless sauté pan from the Ekologa series from the Italian company Silga, which can be used on all types of stoves, including induction. Stir well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and, stirring, cook for 5 minutes. The severity, the amount of salt and sugar to adjust to your taste.
In a separate bowl, mix
Add olive oil, put a couple of bay leaves, a few peas of black and allspice, a few tablespoons of the prepared sauce into the pan (it is more convenient to use large-diameter cookware – for example, a pan from the Belly series from Lacor). Put a layer of meat balls in a pan so that they do not touch each other, and pour sauce on top of them. Re-lay a layer of balls and pour them with sauce. Thus put all prepared balls into the pan, pour the sauce. Simmer meat balls over low heat for 45–50 minutes.
Serve hot by pouring sauce on top. Balls should keep their shape and not boil, while the balls should be well put out. The cheese inside will melt and stretch well.
- if desired, finely chopped garlic and red hot pepper can be added to the sauce;
- mozzarella can be replaced with suluguni cheese;
- optionally, when serving, meat balls can be decorated with leaves of fresh basil or curly parsley;
- be careful with the level of fire, it must be very small otherwise your balls will burn;
- To protect yourself from burning meat balls, you can very carefully turn the balls from the lower layer with a silicone spatula after 15-20 minutes of quenching.