Scampi shrimps in garlic sauce made from butter and white wine will be an excellent addition to pasta with cheese. Cook the scampi shrimp separately, and then mix them with boiled shell pasta in a viscous sauce made from a mixture of Italian cheeses. Unlike most mac’n’chiz recipes, this option does not require baking, and to enjoy a crisp contrast, simply sprinkle each serving with a mixture of toasted panko breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes and parsley.
Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr medium pasta shells
- 450 gr large shrimp, peeled from shells and intestinal veins and cut into pieces of 2 cm.
- 6 tbsp. l unsalted butter
- 0.5 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 0.5 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- 2.5 tbsp. nonfat cream
- 220 gr cream cheese, room temperature
- 220 gr a mixture of grated Italian cheeses, mozzarella, parmesan and provolone (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. l dry white wine
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. l butter until foamy, but it should not darken. Stir in breadcrumbs, 1/4 tsp. flakes of red pepper and a pinch of salt and continue to frying, stirring frequently, until the breadcrumbs turn golden, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- In a large pan, bring salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package. Drain the water, tide separately 1 tbsp.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the cream until it boils. Continue to boil at a gentle boil until the cream evaporates to 2 tbsp., About 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and cook, stirring, until it is completely melted. Stir in a mixture of Italian cheeses so that the whole cheese is melted and the sauce becomes smooth. Turn off the heat and keep the sauce warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining 4 tbsp. l butter. Add the garlic and the remaining 1/4 tsp. flakes of red pepper and fry until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and evaporate until the smell of alcohol disappears, and the sauce acquires a pleasant golden hue, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and lemon zest and cook, stirring until the shrimp is pink, about 2 minutes; add 0.5 tsp. salt and set aside.
- Add the boiled pasta and scampi shrimp to the cheese sauce and mix to distribute everything evenly. If necessary, add a little pasta water to dilute the sauce. Salt to taste. Arrange the hot pasta with cheese on a plate and sprinkle with breadcrumbs with parsley.