A round ruddy lasagna cake decorated in the center with fresh basil leaves will captivate your guests with its charming appearance and divine taste. And inside the lasagna a surprise awaits everyone – juicy grilled sausages, which are completely stacked between thick layers of meat sauce and mozzarella. To prepare this cake you will need a round cake pan with a hole (tube) in the middle. To make the surface of the pie especially crispy, before assembling the lasagna, the form is sprinkled with a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated parmesan. Cut the finished pie so that sausage is visible on each slice, and serve with marinara sauce.
Time: 3 hours
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack (450 gr.) Wavy edge lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp. l breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Art. + 2 tbsp. l grated parmesan
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- Sliced half onion
- 2 tbsp. l extra-virgin olive oil + extra to lubricate
- 4 raw sweet Italian sausages (approximately 450 gr.)
- 450 gr ground beef with a fat content of 20%
- 450 gr minced pork
- 0.5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tbsp. dry white wine
- 450 gr fresh ricotta
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 0.5 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped + sprigs for serving
- 0.5 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 220 gr thinly sliced mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. marinara sauce warmed up
- Special equipment: cake pan with a hole in the middle (25 cm.)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- In a large pan, bring salted water to a boil. Boil the noodles until they are supple, but still dense, about 3 minutes less than indicated on the package. Drain, but do not rinse the noodles. The starch covering it will help the climbing adhere to the walls of the mold. Put the noodles on a baking sheet. Cut 4 sheets of lasagna across into three pieces.
- Combine the breadcrumbs in a small bowl with 2 tbsp. l Parmesan Sprinkle a cake pan with a hole in the middle. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs with Parmesan and shake off excess.
- Combine garlic, carrots, celery and onions in a food processor and beat until pasta is consistent.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp. l olive oil. Pierce each sausage with a fork and fry until golden brown, 5-6 minutes; lay out and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbsp to the pan. l olive oil and crumble ground beef and pork. Fry, breaking with a wooden spoon, until it is browned, for about 4 minutes. Add vegetable paste from the food processor. Fry, stirring occasionally, until it dries, about 3 minutes.
- Clear a small space in the middle of the pan and add the tomato paste. Fry, stirring the tomato paste until it darkens for one or two shades, about 2 minutes, then mix with the meat. Sprinkle oregano with red pepper flakes and 0.5 tsp. salt. Add white wine and cook until it is half-cooked, about 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp. water and boil at low boil until the sauce thickens, 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix ricotta, egg, basil, parsley and 0.5 tbsp. Parmesan
- Put in the prepared form all the noodles for lasagna, slightly overlapping. Put about half the meat sauce on the bottom of the mold over the noodles. Put sausages in meat sauce, pressing on them to immerse about half. Top with the third part of the mozzarella slices, breaking them to fit. Put half of the cut noodle pieces on top and gently squeeze.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and lay another third of mozzarella on top. Place the remaining chopped noodles on top of the mozzarella and squeeze again. Cover with the remaining meat sauce and top with the remaining mozzarella. Fold the hanging edges of the bottom layer of the noodles to cover the filling and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 tbsp. Parmesan
- Cover with lasagna foil and bake to completely warm the filling, 30-35 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake until the top is golden and crispy, for about another 30 minutes. Allow the climb to rest from 45 minutes to 1 hour, and then lay out of the mold. Swipe the shifted spatula or butter knife along the edges of the mold to make sure the climbing does not stick. Turn over and place on a serving platter. Put basil twigs in the hole in the middle. Lasagna with a serrated knife and serve with marinara sauce.