This simple yet delicious potato salad is a great addition to grilled meats. It prepares quickly and is great for picnics and summer BBQ parties. Chopped boiled potatoes are mixed with eggs and seasoned with mayonnaise and pickled cucumber relish. You can take this recipe as a base and add other ingredients of your choice, such as celery and onions for crunchiness, or mustard for a brighter flavor. Try not to overcook the potatoes for the salad so that the chunks don’t smudge while stirring and the salad looks flavorful. Serve well chilled.
Time: 1 hour.
The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of:
1 glass (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp) – 15 ml
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2.3 kg. red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tsp salt + optional to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 3/4 Art. mayonnaise
- 0.5 tbsp. vegetable caviar
- Black pepper
Cooking a recipe:
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan or pressure cooker (see note). Add 2 tsp. salt and enough water to coat the potatoes. Cook until it is soft when pierced with the tip of a knife but retains its shape, 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely. Add chopped eggs, mayonnaise and relish, stir gently; season with salt and black pepper to taste. Refrigerate until tender. Serve potato salad with meat.
Potatoes can be cooked in a pressure cooker. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt. Cook in a pressure cooker following the manufacturer’s instructions for 5 minutes. Relieve pressure immediately, drain and cool potatoes.