South Asian Cuisine |
We bring to your attention a simple recipe for tender cod fillet in a fragrant and spicy Asian sauce. This dish, including, you can treat yourself to the “fish days” of Lent.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- Cod fillet – 800 gr.
- Fish broth – 400 ml.
- Coconut milk – 400 ml.
- Fish sauce – 4 tbsp.
- Ginger – 20 gr.
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Hot chili pepper – ½ pcs.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- Dry Lemongrass – to taste
- Chives – to taste
1. Grate ginger, peel and chop the garlic, peel the chili peppers from the seeds and chop finely.
2. Heat a deep frying pan, pour vegetable oil and lightly fry the garlic, ginger and chili pepper for 1-2 minutes. Then add turmeric, stir, pour in fish stock, coconut milk and fish sauce, bring to a boil and add lemongrass.
3. Cut the cod fillet into slices and carefully dip in the sauce. Simmer under the lid over medium heat for 8 minutes.
4. Serve a dish with boiled Basmati rice, garnished with chopped green onions.
- We recommend using the Original Pro Fissler fryer with a thick bottom, convenient handles and a graduated scale on the inside for cooking.
- Fresh chili peppers can be replaced with dried, it will be necessary to grind in a mortar or mill. The special mill for spices and herbs with the AdHoc Pepe ceramic mechanism will do its job perfectly, will not rust and clog.