For this casserole, you can fry pancakes especially in the evening, but pancakes or pancakes left over from last breakfast are also great – a great way to turn them into a delicious new dish! Pancakes are evenly spread into a baking dish and covered with a creamy cinnamon and nutmeg mixture. Let them steep overnight to soak the crepes and bake them in the morning. To serve, combine maple syrup with chopped pecans. It turns out very tasty and cheers up. The casserole is great for breakfast on a holiday.
Time: 8 hours 35 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8
The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of:
1 glass (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp. L.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 7 large eggs
- 60 gr. unsalted butter + additional as needed
- 1 and 3/4 st. premium flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- 6 tbsp. l. Sahara
- 1 and 3/4 st. yogurt or kefir
- 2 tbsp. low-fat cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup + extra for serving
- 0.5 tbsp. pecans, coarsely chopped
Cooking a recipe:
- Grease a 20 cm square baking dish with butter; put it aside. Put 3 tbsp. l. butter in a small microwave bowl or measuring cup for liquids and microwave for 30 seconds or up to 1 minute to melt butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, 3 tbsp. l. sugar and 0.5 tsp. salt. In a separate small bowl, combine the curdled milk, 2 eggs and melted butter. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and knead the dough.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt some of the remaining butter in a skillet. For each pancake, place 1/4 tbsp each in a skillet. dough and fry until they turn golden underneath and fine bubbles should appear on top, 2-3 minutes.
- Turn over and grill until golden brown on the other side, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to moderately low if pancakes cook too quickly.… Transfer the prepared pancakes to a plate. Continue frying until you have used up all the dough, adding more oil to the pan as needed. You should have at least 12 pancakes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vanilla cream, remaining 5 eggs and 3 tbsp. l. sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Place the pancakes in a prepared baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pancakes. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to soak the crepes.
- Preheat oven to 175 ° C. Remove the foil from the mold and bake the casserole until it hardens but firm to the touch in the center, 50-60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, stir in the maple syrup and pecans in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the syrup has evaporated and thickens a little, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Drizzle the maple nut syrup over the casserole, placing the remaining sauce on the table when serving.