Fried chicken with sesame seeds is one of the most popular dishes in Asian restaurants. Crispy fried chicken slices on the outside and juicy inside are covered with a translucent spicy-sweet sauce and generously sprinkled with sesame seeds. Now you can repeat this masterpiece at home. Chicken breast is used in the preparation. Cut it into pieces and let it marinate for a few minutes in a batter made from a mixture of corn starch, wheat flour, baking powder and soy sauce, and then deep-fry. Ready chicken is immediately mixed with sauce and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. Serve as an appetizer or main course with a side dish of vegetables.
Time: 1 hour.
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Marinade / batter
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (approximately 0.7 kg total)
- 6 tbsp. l lightly salted soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 4 tbsp. l premium flour
- 4 tbsp. l corn starch
- 4 tbsp. l water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. l dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili paste (recommended: sambal-olek)
- 2 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 1/4 Art. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. l sherry vinegar
- 0.5 tbsp. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. l soy sauce
- Peanut butter for frying
- 3 tbsp. l toasted sesame seeds for serving
- 2-3 tbsp. l finely chopped green onions, for serving
- 5-6 sprigs of cilantro, for serving
- Wash the chicken under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels and cut off excess fat. Cut the chicken into 2.5 cm cubes and place in a large bowl. Add all the marinade ingredients to the bowl and mix to distribute evenly. Set aside so that the chicken is pickled while you prepare the sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, pour sesame oil in a saucepan and put on low heat. Add ginger and garlic and lightly fry until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well to dissolve the corn starch. Gently pour into a pan with fried ginger and garlic. When pouring, stir because corn starch thickens quite quickly. Keep the sauce warm over low heat.
- In a pan with a thick bottom or in a deep fryer, heat enough oil so that it reaches the middle of the pan walls, to 190 ° C.
- Fry the chicken in small portions until it becomes golden and crispy for about 5-6 minutes. Put chicken on a paper towel with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with salt to taste. To serve, transfer the fried chicken to a dish and pour the sauce. Sprinkle generously with fried sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro.