Recipe author – Robert Irwin (Robert Irvine) – famous chef, TV presenter, culinary writer, co-owner of the restaurant
This simple pasta casserole uses homemade tomato sauce. You can cook it in advance from canned tomatoes in your own juice, and collect and bake the paste immediately before serving. Basil and Italian seasoning fill the sauce and casserole with the magnificent aroma of a Mediterranean dish. Mix the pre-cooked pasta in the sauce, sprinkle with a generous portion of grated parmesan and mozzarella and bake until the cheese is melted. Serve right away and enjoy.
Time: 55 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr dry ziti paste (tubules)
- 1 tbsp. l rapeseed oil (canola)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, slightly chopped on the side of the knife and chopped
- 1 can (900 gr.) Canned grated tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh basil leaves + about 6 small branches for serving
- 1 tbsp. l dry italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. (about 170 gr.) grated mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. (approx. 170 gr.) grated parmesan
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat rapeseed oil and add onions and garlic. Fry until onion is clear. Add tomatoes, parsley, basil and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Salt, add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix it thoroughly in a saucepan. Put in a baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheeses. Bake until the cheese melts.