The rich taste of carbonara egg sauce goes well not only with spaghetti, but also with fried rice. Use in the cooking the remnants of the finished rice, which you only need to heat well in a pan until it becomes crispy, along with chopped pancetta. And add egg yolk directly to a plate with hot rice to mix, as with sauce. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan.
Time: 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 tbsp. boiled long grain rice
- 140 gr pancetta, cut into pieces 0.5×2.5 cm in size.
- 1 tbsp. frozen green peas
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- 4 large egg yolks
- Add the pancetta to a large non-stick pan and place on medium heat. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the fat is melted and the pancetta is very crispy, about 10 minutes. Put the pancetta with a slotted spoon on a plate and set it aside.
- Add rice to the pan and spread it evenly with a spatula, breaking up all the large pieces. Sprinkle 1 tsp. salt, then add a couple of turns of ground black pepper. Put green peas on the rice and let stand until the rice starts to fry from below, about 3 minutes. Stir with a spatula and continue to fry, stirring occasionally, until the rice becomes crispy and most of the moisture evaporates, another 8-10 minutes.
- Add the pancetta back to the pan with green onions. Stir frying for another 1 minute. Try it by adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Arrange the rice in four plates and sprinkle each serving 1/4 tbsp. Parmesan Make a depression in the center of each portion of rice and put one yolk in them. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired. Stir the yolk with hot rice before eating.