Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Sweet carrots and fragrant parsnips harmoniously complement each other in this magnificent, healthy garnish that is perfect for festive meat or baked poultry. When baking in the oven, the taste of root crops becomes more intense and saturated, which is also facilitated by the added coarse salt. Cut the vegetables into pieces of the same size, and the carrots with parsnip will be ready at the same time. Serve sprinkled with fresh herbs, parsley or dill.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg. parsnip peeled
- 450 gr unpeeled carrots
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh dill or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- If parsnips and carrots are very thick, cut them lengthwise in half. Cut diagonally into slices 2.5 cm thick. Vegetables will shrink when baked, so don’t make the pieces too small. Put chopped vegetables on a baking sheet. Add olive oil, salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the vegetables, stirring occasionally until the parsnips and carrots are soft. Sprinkle with dill and serve the vegetables hot.