Cook delicious and juicy vegetarian tacos by laying on the tortilla instead of the meat filling, fried tofu and cabbage salad with radish and cilantro in a lime dressing. Before frying, put the slices of tofu under the press to remove as much water as possible and in the pan they are covered with a very crispy crust. Seasoning for tacos will fill them with the traditional flavor of this Texas-Mexican dish so you won’t even miss the meat. Add grated cheese to each taco, sprinkle with refreshing yogurt sauce and green physalis vegetable salsa. Enjoy it!
Calories 481, total fat nineteen g. saturated fats 3 g. squirrels 22 g. carbohydrates 56 g. cellulose 8 g. cholesterol 4 mg., sodium 537 mg., sugar 0 g.
Time: 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 gr hard tofu, drain and cut into 8 slices
- 4 tbsp. shredded mix for cabbage salad
- 1 small bunch of radishes, chop finely
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of green onions, chop finely
- 1.5 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes (remove zest from one and squeeze the juice, cut one into slices)
- 1/4 Art. low fat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp seasoning for tacos
- 8 whole grain tortillas for tacos with a diameter of 20 cm.
- 1/4 Art. grated semi-skimmed mozzarella or pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 Art. purchased salsa verde
- Put the tofu slices on a stack of paper towels; put a few more paper towels on top and weight with a pan to remove excess water for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine in a large bowl cabbage salad, radish, cilantro, green onion, 1 tsp. olive oil, lime zest and half lime juice. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the remaining lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lubricate the tofu on all sides with the remaining 0.5 tsp. olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning for tacos. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, then add the tofu and fry until it becomes crispy, about 5 minutes; turn over and fry another 2 minutes. Cut into strips.
- Fry the tortillas in a dry frying pan for 1 minute on each side or wrap in a damp towel and put in the microwave for 1 minute. Fill the tortillas with tofu, cheese and cabbage salad, sprinkle with yogurt sauce and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.