Recipe Author – Amanda Freitag (Amanda Freitag) – American chef, owner of the restaurant, the nail of culinary TV shows
Cutlets are made from lamb with quinoa, which fills them with healthy fiber, trace elements and a lot of flavors. Stir the boiled cereal into the mincemeat only when it has completely cooled, so that the meat does not start to cook ahead of time, add piquant garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and for juiciness – chopped onions. Fried cutlets can be served with a light side dish of leaf lettuce or as part of a burger, supplemented with low-fat yogurt mixed with chopped mint. Its refreshing taste harmoniously balances the fat content of lamb.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. dry quinoa
- 450 gr minced lamb
- 2 tsp ground zira
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 small Spanish onion or half large, diced
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. low fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh mint
- Rinse quinoa in a sieve under cold water and transfer to a small saucepan. Pour 2 tbsp. cold water and bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, loosen with a fork and let cool before mixing with minced meat.
- Mix in a large bowl of quinoa, lamb mince, zira, cayenne pepper, garlic, egg, onion and a little salt, distributing everything evenly. Form 4 balls from the mixture, flatten them to make cutlets and put on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat for 1 minute, and then add vegetable oil. Fry the patties until they are browned, 3 minutes on each side, and then cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Combine yogurt and peppermint in a separate bowl and salt.
- Put the lamb cutlet on the pillow of your favorite salad or fresh tomato puree. Pour a spoonful of mint yogurt into each cutlet and serve.