You can fill hamburgers with any sauces or toppings, but its taste will always depend for the most part on beef cutlets. This recipe details how to fry a tasty and juicy cutlet in accordance with all the rules. Fry the patties lightly and cook in the oven to keep the patties juicy. You can fry both in a pan and on an electric grill – for both options the cooking time to different degrees of frying is indicated. Choose the one you like best and you won’t be disappointed. If you make hamburgers with cheese, put slices on cutlets during frying so that they melt. If desired, you can also complement your sandwich with salad, tomato, mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.7 kg ground beef from the neck or shoulder blade
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Spice mix, see recipe below (optional)
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 4 slices of cheese, such as cheddar, American, blue cheese Saga or Swiss (optional)
- 4 soft burger buns cut horizontally in half
- 4 slices of bovine heart tomato, (optional)
- Salad greens, such as romano, watercress or iceberg
- Mustard, for example, Dijon or French (optional)
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
- 1 tbsp. l Worcester sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C. Place the frypot on the foil-covered baking sheet in the oven.
- With your hands, break the minced meat into small pieces and evenly, but freely spread it on a baking sheet covered with parchment or waxed paper. Spread the meat and sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper. Add a spice mix if desired.
- Divide the minced meat into 4 servings (approximately 170 g each). Using your hands, form a ball from each piece, gently throwing it from one hand to another. Do not pinch and squeeze forcemeat. Carefully form cutlets from each ball that are approximately 8 cm wide and 2.5 cm thick.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Raise the heat to maximum and add vegetable oil. Put the patties in the pan and fry them, turning them over once, until they are properly browned, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Put the cutlets with a spatula on a wire rack in the oven and continue to bake until the desired degree of readiness: 8–9 minutes for a low heat, 10–11 minutes for medium high, and 13–15 minutes for good high. If you use cheese, lay slices on top of cutlets a few minutes before being cooked to melt.
- Put the patties on a plate, let them rest for a couple of minutes before assembling. Meanwhile, fry the hamburger buns. Collect hamburgers with any toppings to choose from and serve.
Spice mix: mix all the ingredients and use the mixture.
- If frying on an electric grill, first turn it on, heat it, and then put the meatballs.
Electric Grill Time
Weak roast: fry for 3 minutes under the lid, then unplug the grill and continue to fry under the lid for another 2-3 minutes.
Medium fry: fry for 4 minutes under the lid, then unplug the grill and continue to fry under the lid for another 4 minutes.
Good cooking: fry for 5 minutes under the lid, then turn off the grill and continue to fry under the lid for another 5 minutes.