This recipe is great for a quick dinner after a busy day. Small pieces of chicken breast stewed in a spicy tomato sauce are the basis for delicious tacos, which you can prepare in advance in a large portion, and then lay them in separate bags and freeze if you do not use immediately. To serve, the chicken warms up, spreads on small tortillas and is complemented by the remaining fillings of traditional tacos. This can be shredded cabbage, cilantro, sliced avocado, salsa, jalapenos, sour cream.
Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 16 – 20
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 6 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. l mixtures of spices with chili
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. l zira
- 1 can (400 gr.) Of tomato sauce
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in portions and fry, a couple of minutes on each side; put the chicken on a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add garlic and onions to the pan and fry for a short time. Add a mixture of spices with chili peppers, paprika and zira to taste. Pour in tomato sauce and 2 tbsp. water. Return the chicken back to the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer at a low boil until the broth is evaporated by half.
- Allow to cool, put into four bags for freezing and freeze.