These light and healthy Mexican-style burritos are filled with rich fillings from grated white beans, chopped grilled chicken, juicy salad, slices of tender avocado and chopped hot jalapenos. Everything is wrapped in whole-grain tortilla, and the burrito is served with green tomato salsa and low-fat dipping yogurt. It turns out satisfying, juicy, healthy and very tasty. And thanks to the use of purchased grilled chicken and canned white beans, burritos are quickly cooked.
Calories 410, total fat fifteen g. saturated fats 2 g. squirrels 23 g. carbohydrates 46 g. cellulose 9 g. cholesterol 35 mg., sodium 750 mg., sugar 0 g.
Time: 35 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 0.5 tsp ground zira
- 1 can (425 g) canned lightly salted white beans, rinse
- 0.5 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 0.5 tsp + another pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. chopped romano salad (about 3 large leaves)
- 1/3 Art. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 whole grain wheat tortillas (approximately 22 cm in diameter)
- 2 tbsp. chopped grilled chicken, skinless (breast and thighs)
- 1 jalapeno pod, chopped into small cubes
- Half ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tbsp. tomato salsa
- 0.5 tbsp. low fat greek yogurt
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat 2 tsp. olive oil. Add onions and fry for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and zira and cook another 30 seconds. Add beans, broth and 0.5 tsp. salt and cook to warm the beans, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and beat until smooth.
- Mix in a bowl chopped lettuce, cilantro, the remaining 2 tsp. olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To pick up a burrito, put 1/3 tbsp. bean puree in the center of a warm tortilla. Sprinkle about 2 tsp. jalapenos. Top with 0.5 tbsp. chopped chicken, then – 0.5 tbsp. salad mixture and 2 slices of avocado. Wrap a burrito. Repeat the same with the remaining tortillas.
- Serve burrito with salsa and dipping yogurt.
Excellent source: dietary fiber, niacin, protein, thiamine, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K
Good source: folic acid, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin, selenium, vitamin B6, zinc