This delicious and satisfying vegetarian burrito is literally filled with protein and healthy fiber. Its base is a mixture of boiled rice with black beans (or kidney) and slices of tofu fried with aromatic seasoning sazon. You can cook the rice filling in advance, and mix it with tofu before serving and collect the burrito. In addition to this, the burrito also includes grated spicy pepper-jack cheese, fresh Romano salad and fresh pico de gallo salsa made from minced tomatoes, onions and chili in a lime dressing. It turns out very juicy. Preheat burritos in the microwave and serve with hot sauce and sour cream for dipping.
Calories 498, total fat sixteen g. saturated fats 5 g. squirrels 22 g. carbohydrates 67 g. cellulose 8 g. cholesterol fifteen mg., sodium 1335 mg., sugar 0 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1/3 Art. steamed white rice
- 1 can (425 gr.) Light-salted canned Kidney or black beans (do not drain the liquid)
- 1 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 200 gr. extra-hard tofu, drain and cut into cubes
- 0.5 tsp lightly salted seasoning sazon
- 2 chives, green onions, chopped
- 4 wheat tortillas with a diameter of 25 cm.
- 0.5 tbsp. grated cheese peperjack with low fat content (about 55 gr.)
- 1/4 Art. pico de gallo
- 1 tbsp. chopped lettuce romano
- Hot sauce and sour cream, served
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix 1/4 tbsp. water, rice, beans with liquid, 1/4 tsp. salt and a little black pepper and on a moderate heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and mix. Cover and cook until rice is soft and all liquid is absorbed, 16-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet with a non-stick coating over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add tofu; sprinkle with 0.5 tsp. salt and a little pepper. Fry, stirring, until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add seasoning sazon and fry, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. l water; stir fry until completely absorbed. Add tofu and green onions to the rice, loosen with a fork.
- Wrap the cakes in wet paper towels and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour cheese on the lower half of the cakes, top with rice mixture, pico de gallo and salad. Fold the bottom edge over the filling, fold the sides inwards, then roll the burrito tightly into a roll. Place the seam down on a large microwave plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Preheat the burritos in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Serve with spicy sauce and sour cream.