Divine taste of this juicy burger is given by fast pickled cucumbers, which will be ready in 10 minutes, and dressing “18000 islands”, the signature interpretation of Jeff Mauro classic sauce “Thousand Islands”. Mixed minced beef cutlets are fried until golden brown and served on toasted buns with sesame seeds along with a slice of cheese, a cup of tomato, a leaf of lettuce, pickled cucumbers and a portion of excellent dressing. You can also use this dressing in your other sandwiches to give them a great taste.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1/4 Art. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. l yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cucumber, sliced in circles 0.3 cm thick.
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh dill
Gas station “18000 islands”
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 Art. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. l pickled jalapeno rings
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 0.7 kg minced beef neck
- 220 gr minced beef brisket
- 1 – 2 tbsp. l rapeseed oil (canola)
- 4 buns with sesame seeds
- 4 to 8 slices of white American cheese
- Tomato mugs for serving
- Iceberg Salad, for serving
- Pickled cucumbers:
Mix vinegar, 0.5 tbsp. In a pan. water, sugar, mustard seeds, salt, garlic and bay leaf and bring to a boil. As soon as the sugar dissolves in a boiling liquid, put the cucumbers and dill in a heatproof container and fill with brine. Let it brew for at least 10 minutes. Chop 2 tbsp. l pickled cucumbers for dressing, and leave the rest to serve.
- Gas station “18000 islands”:
In a food processor, put mayonnaise, ketchup, jalapenos, chopped pickles, Dijon mustard, garlic and a little salt. Beat mashed potatoes to taste, taste and salt if necessary.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or large, heavy skillet over moderate heat. Mix the whole stuffing and form 4 balls with your hands.
Add oil to the heated griddle. Put the meat balls on the surface of the griddle and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side. Then press the balls with a spatula, flattening them. You should have thin cutlets with a crispy crust on the entire flat surface, so flatten more. The cutlet should be properly fried on one side, and then turn over and fry on the other side, for only 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Grease the sesame seed buns and fry them until golden brown. Put 1-2 slices of cheese on each lower half of the bun. Put the cutlet on top, then a few circles of tomatoes, pickled cucumbers and an Iceberg salad. Spread some 18,000 islands sauce on the top bun and cover the burger. Enjoy the true taste of a classic burger.