These bars are baked from the traditional dough for American cookies with pieces of chocolate and are just as tasty, with a crispy crust on the outside and a mouth-watering soft center. The dough contains flour, eggs, butter, a lot of chocolate granules and dark brown sugar, which gives the pastry a wonderful caramel note, rich color and the very unique texture. The dough is easily kneaded without a mixer and baked with one large cake, which is cut into portioned bars before serving.
Time: 1 hour. 45 minutes
Amount: 24 cookies
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 220 gr unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. premium flour (see Note)
- 0.5 tsp soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 packet 340 gr. (incomplete 2 tbsp.) semisweet chocolate granules
- Set the grid on the middle level of the oven and preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Put the butter in a microwave bowl, cover and heat in the microwave at medium power until it melts. Or melt the butter in a small saucepan. Lubricate the inside of the mold with a size of 22 x 32 cm with a small amount of oil and slightly cool the remaining oil. Beat the remaining butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, soda, and salt with a whisk. Mix the dry mixture with the liquid with a spoon or spatula. The dough should be thick, and the whole flour mixture should be fully included. Stir in chocolate pieces with a spatula.
- Spread the dough evenly in prepared form. Bake until the edges are lightly browned and the middle is completely frozen, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, at least 1 hour, cut into 24 pieces and serve.
Measuring the flour, we pour it into a dry measuring cup with a spoon and remove the excess. If you scoop up the flour with a measuring cup directly from the bag, you will compact it, and the baking will turn out to be dry.