Mexican chocolate chip cookies are prepared with a pinch of cayenne pepper, which gives piquant spice to chocolate and, together with cinnamon, makes its taste richer. This recipe is tailored to the keto diet, and instead of wheat flour, cookies contain coconut and almond flour, which will also give chocolate its wonderful notes, and erythritol sweetener instead of sugar. Before baking, each cookie is sprinkled with a mixture of erythritol and cinnamon, and in the oven it is covered with mouth-watering cracks – this is a characteristic feature of traditional Mexican chocolate chip cookies.
Time: 45 minutes
Amount: 15 cookies
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 60 gr unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 Art. blanched almond flour
- 0.5 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/3 Art. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp fine salt
- 0.5 tsp tartar
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 0.5 tbsp. + 1/4 tsp erythritis (see note)
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the grid in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Cover the pan with parchment.
- Combine the butter with vanilla extract and eggs in a small bowl.
- Combine in a large bowl with a whisk, almond and coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, tartar, cayenne pepper, soda, 0.5 tbsp. erythritis and 1 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Using a hand mixer, mix the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and knead the dough. The dough will seem crumbly, but it should be collected in a lump when squeezed.
- Gathering the dough for 1 tbsp. l form balls with a slide and spread them evenly on the prepared pan; Cookies will not spread much when baked. Gently press on each ball with your palm.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 tsp. erythritis and 1/4 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle cookies on top. Bake until hardened so that the cookies begin to crack on the surface, 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
Erythritol is a sugar substitute found in most health food stores or online stores.