These popular donuts can be made from purchased puff pastry for croissants. For decoration and filling, use purchased icing and purchased custard, and then cooking will not take much time. If you wish, you can whip your favorite icing and filling. In addition, you will need neutral frying oil, round cuttings (7.5 cm and 2.5 cm), a pastry bag for sitting down the filling and a deep fat thermometer to control the oil temperature, and the donuts are fried evenly. Decorate croissant donuts after cooling completely.
For the first time, the Kronata recipe was published in the New York Magazine in 2013 and won the recognition of the townspeople, and a queue gathered in the confectionery where donuts were sold. The magazine called the kronat an “extremely funny” invention, and the owner of the grocery store, Dominic Ansel, acquired a patent with a trademark for his product. Cronate is a croissant dough donut filled with lemon Kurd. If you intend to visit New York, be sure to try the most delicious donuts in the world.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack of puff and yeast dough for croissants, thaw
- Premium flour, for work (if necessary)
- Purchased Donut Glaze
- Purchased custard
- Fragrance-free vegetable oil
- 1 round cutting for cookies with a diameter of 7.5-10 cm.
- 1 round cutting for cookies with a diameter of 2.5 cm.
- Deep fat thermometer
- Long thin tip on a pastry bag
- Fill a deep, wide pan with vegetable oil half and heat to 175 ° C.
- Place the croissant dough on a silicone mat or on a floured table so that it does not stick.
- Use round cuttings to cut out donuts. You can also fry cuttings and cores with donuts.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, so that it hardens a little.
- Gently lower the chilled donuts and trimmings into the hot oil, being careful not to overfill the pan. Fry until tender and golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side. Trimming will take less time.
- Put the finished donuts on a plate covered with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Allow to cool. Then dip the donuts with the tops into the icing.
- Place the thin tip in the corner of the bag or pastry bag. Then fill the chalk with custard and cut off the tip with scissors. Fill the donuts with cream in three places, rotating to get evenly. Cover with glaze and fill with trim.