Ri Drummond knows how to please his loved ones when they spend a lot of time in the saddle, circling the ranch after the cows. These amazing fried pies with crispy crust and delicious fruit filling will be an excellent snack at lunch time. The dough is quick and easy to knead, but to make it easy to work with, let it freeze properly in the refrigerator. For the filling, Ri Drummond uses canned fillings for cherry and apple pies, in which fruits and berries are already mixed with all the necessary ingredients, but you can also choose other fillings, canned or home-made. Before sprinkling powdered sugar on fried pies, let them lie on paper towels to remove excess fat.
Time: 1 hour. 40 min
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 6 tbsp. premium flour
- 4 tbsp. l granulated sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. confectionery fat + optional for frying
- 2 eggs beaten individually
- 2 tbsp. yogurt, or if necessary more
- Apple pie filling (canned)
- Cherry Pie Filling (canned)
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- To make dough, mix flour, granulated sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir with a knife 1 tbsp. confectionery fat until a mixture resembling coarse crumb. Add 1 egg and yogurt and knead the dough. Add a little more yogurt if necessary. Form a ball from the dough and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Roll the dough into a large square. Trim the edges to make a rectangle. With a butter knife, cut the dough into 8-10 long rectangles.
- Lay out about 1 tbsp. l fillings on the upper halves of the rectangles.
- Lubricate the edges of the dough with the remaining beaten egg and seal by folding the bottom half of the rectangle over the filling. Then squeeze the edges with the prongs of the fork. Repeat the same with the other pies, half filling with apple filling and the other half with cherry.
- In a medium-sized deep saucepan over moderate heat, heat fat to 175 ° C. Fry the pies until golden brown, for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towels to remove excess fat.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.