Photo of the dish: David Rosengarten
This recipe for basic pancakes on milk should be at hand for everyone. They are thick, tender and sugar free, ideal for breakfast with any savory fillings, such as bacon or sausages, as well as for sweet toppings, honey or maple syrup. To make the pancakes lush, the dough should not be interfered much: as soon as you moisten the flour mixture of milk, proceed to frying. Serve pancakes on warm plates with toppings, or just grease with butter, and enjoy.
Time: 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.5 tbsp. premium flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- About 1 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. l butter, melted and cooled + additionally for frying
- Softened butter, for serving
- Maple Syrup, room temperature, for serving
- Heat a pan or griddle over high heat. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Beat the egg, milk, and butter together. Add the egg mixture to the flour and mix, only to moisturize. The dough will be lumpy, do not bother it much. If too dry, add a few more tablespoons of milk.
- Reduce heat to moderately strong and lightly grease the pan with butter. Pour dough into the pan, 1/4 tbsp. for each pancake with a diameter of 10 cm. Fry until the edges are dry and small bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the pancakes over and fry on the other side until they are lightly browned. Shift the pancakes as they are ready on warm plates and serve immediately with butter and maple syrup.