Donuts, crispy on the outside, soft and lush on the inside, are perfect for a holiday treat. Seasoning for apple pie, added to both the dough and sugar sprinkles, fills them with a magical warming aroma. To cut dough pieces, you will need two cuttings for cookies with a diameter of 7.5 and 2.5 cm, and for deep-frying, arm yourself with a thermometer so that the donuts are evenly browned on the outside and fried inside. Fry both the donuts themselves and the “holes” from them – the children adore them. Roll donuts in sugar sprinkles while they are hot.
Time: 40 min
Amount: 12 donuts donuts
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 and 1/3 Art. premium flour + extra for work
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp fine salt
- 1.5 tbsp. Sahara
- 1 tbsp. l + 0.5 tsp condiments for apple pie or cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp. l confectionery fat or unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 0.5 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 0.5 tbsp. + 1 – 2 tbsp. l sparkling water
- Vegetable oil, for deep fat
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tbsp. sugar and 0.5 tsp condiments for apple pie. Mix in a shallow dish the remaining 0.5 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. l condiments for apple pie. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, melted confectionery fat, lemon zest and 0.5 tbsp. sparkling water until a homogeneous mass. Stir in the flour mixture. Add the remaining carbonated water, a teaspoon at a time, only until the dough has gathered in a soft and loose bowl.
- Put the dough on a generously floured chopping board (it will be a little sticky). Sprinkle flour and smooth the dough into a layer with a thickness of about 1 cm. Using a die cut for cookies with a diameter of 7.5 cm, cut out as many circles as possible from the dough, and then cut holes in the center of each circle with a diameter of 2.5 cm. Set aside the central circles. Collect the scraps of dough and again form a 1 cm thick layer. Continue to cut out the donuts and holes, collecting the scraps again until you use the whole dough.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom or a cauldron over moderate heat, heat 5 cm of vegetable oil to a temperature of 190 ° C on a deep fat thermometer. Fry the donuts and their cores a few pieces until golden brown, periodically turning them over for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the donuts on a baking sheet covered with a paper towel to drain excess fat and cool slightly. While the donuts are hot, roll them in spicy sugar to coat well.