On a hot summer day, it is good to drink cold compote to quench your thirst. In addition, cherry compote is very useful for the body, and it is not difficult to cook it.
- Cherry (sweet cherry) – about, 5 kg.
- Water – 1l.
- Sugar – from 5 to 8 tablespoons
- Citric acid or lemon – about 1 -1, 5 gr.
- Vanillin or vanilla sugar is optional.
Sort and rinse all the berries. Usually only ripe and brightly colored fruits are taken for such a drink. I draw your attention to the fact that no bones need to be removed. After this, we begin to prepare the syrup. We put the pan on the fire, after pouring prescription water into it, pour sugar in it and add citric acid, but you can also use lemon juice. You can add vanillin or vanilla sugar here. Bring the syrup to a boil and put the already prepared berries in it. Now again bring to a boil. As soon as the compote boils, cover the pan with a lid and remove from heat, leaving it to cool completely. Before serving, it is advisable to put the compote in the refrigerator, where it can be stored.
Some useful additions to the Compote of Cherry recipe:
- The amount of sugar will depend on which berries you use. So, for example, if the compote is made from cherries, then sugar will need to be put less, and if the drink is made from cherries, then sugar will be needed.
- It is better to wash cherries in a colander, substituting it under cold running water.
- Cherry compote can also be served as a dessert, using whipped cream, yogurt or pastries.