Kvass salad | Fresh Recipes
- an Apple
- parsley and dill
- garlic 1-2 cloves
- currant leaves and cherries
- Dill umbrellas
- horseradish leaf or root
- Cook everything you need for kvass. Take any greens, lettuce leaves, cucumber (you can substandard), currant or cherry leaves, or both together. In a word, take what you like, what you will eat deliciously. Spicy lovers can add hot pepper. I added half an apple, celery and basil.
- Cut greens and cucumber. What then is not supposed to be eaten (a leaf of horseradish, currants and cherries, dill umbrellas) can be put in its entirety.
- We put all this in a 3-liter jar. Fill it in 2/3.
- Pour with brine at the rate of 1 liter of slightly warm water – 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. Sahara. Do not put a lot of salt, otherwise it will turn out not kvass, but a brine.
- Cover the jar with gauze or a napkin and leave for fermentation for a day or more, if you like in a sour way.
- Then we express kvass, cool and drink.
- We also cool the thick component, take out everything inedible, add fresh cucumber, fresh herbs to taste, you can add a little liquid to this “salad”, you get a kind of okroshka. I ate like a salad with olive oil and brown bread.
It is very unusual and unexpectedly delicious!