Recipe author – Alton Brown (Alton Brown) – TV presenter, famous chef, culinary writer, actor, cameraman
Natural homemade ginger ale is made from fresh ginger root, pure water, sugar, a small amount of lemon juice and a pinch of dry active yeast, thanks to which the drink will become carbonated. After mixing all the ingredients in a bottle, let the ginger ale brew at room temperature for two days, and you can try. Open the bottle very carefully to avoid splashing. Store ginger ale in the refrigerator and drink it just like that, with ice, or use in the preparation of non-alcoholic and alcoholic cocktails.
Time: 1 hour. 20 minutes. plus infusion time
Amount: 1.8 liters
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 45 gr. grated ginger root
- 170 gr Sahara
- 7.5 Art. filtered water
- 1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp. l freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix in a 2 liter pan. ginger, sugar and 0.5 tbsp. water and put on a moderately strong fire. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve placed above the bowl, pressing on the mixture to squeeze as much juice as possible. Cool quickly by placing it in a bowl with ice and stirring, or refrigerate without covering to cool at least to room temperature (20 ° C-22 ° C).
- Using a funnel, pour the syrup into a clean 2-liter plastic bottle and add yeast, lemon juice and the remaining 7 tbsp. water. Close the bottle, gently shake to mix and leave the bottle at room temperature for 48 hours. Then open and check the level of carbonation.
- When ginger ale becomes sufficiently carbonated, it is very important to put it in the refrigerator. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, opening the bottle at least once a day to release excess gas.